Pipette’s common faults and solutions
Pipettes, also known as pipetting guns, are instruments used to quantitatively transfer liquids and are widely used in the fields of biology and chemistry.
Common faults and exclusions:
1. The pipette nozzle ejector is stuck or not working properly.
This occurs because the suction nozzle is contaminated and the ejector sleeve should be removed and cleaned with 75% ethanol.
2. There is a residual liquid in the pipette of the pipette.
This happens because the pipette is not suitable and should be replaced immediately with the original pipette.
3. The pipette is clogged, the amount of liquid absorption is too small
This occurs because the liquid has penetrated into the pipette and it has dried and should clean and lubricate the piston and nozzle connections.
4. Leakage or pipetting is too small
There are several reasons for this:
(1) The piston and o-ring are not fully lubricated.
(2) The pipette is contaminated.
(3) There is foreign matter between the suction nozzle and the connecting piece.
(4) The suction nozzle is not suitable.
(5) The suction nozzle is improperly installed.
(6) The plastic nozzle is not evenly wetted.
The above problems should occur:
(1) Add appropriate amount of silicone oil.
(2) Clean and lubricate the piston and the suction nozzle.
(3) Clean the suction nozzle and install the new suction nozzle.
(4) Use the original suction nozzle.
(6) Install a new suction nozzle.
5. Beyond the limits of the scope
This happens because the pipette is damaged and should be sent to the repair point for repair.
6. The amount of liquid transfer is too large
There are not many cases of heavy liquid transfer. If it is encountered, there are generally two reasons: First, the operation error is to press the suction/discharge button to the end when sucking, but only need to press the first gear. (The first stopping point); the second is that the pipette is not allowed, and the special screw is needed to adjust the dosing screw (this is best solved by the supplier).
7. the amount of pipetting is too small
The first step is to check the tips. In the second step, check the handle. In the third step, check the airtightness of the pipette. The fourth step is to check the piston system.