The Detection Method of Pipettes
As a commonly used instrument in laboratory, the accuracy of a pipette is likely to affect the experimental results. If there is a leakage problem, the experimental results will be affected, so how to determine whether there is a leakage situation in the pipette?
The detection method is as follows:
1. Visual detection;
Suck the liquid first and then let it sit vertically for 15 seconds to see if it slowly drains.
2. Pressure pump detection;
Use a special pressure pump to check the pressure and determine whether it leaks.
If air leakage is found in the pipette, then the possible causes of air leakage shall be analyzed:
1. Is the suction head matched?
2. Check whether the suction tip is mounted tightly when assembling.
3. If no problem is found in either of the above two cases, it is likely that the airtightness inside the pipette is not good.
Routine flow of a pipette
1. Suction head mounting – rotary mounting method；
2. Capacity setting: coarse adjustment/fine adjustment；
3. Wash embellish suction head；
4. Suction fluid