How to Ensure Accuracy During the Use of A Pipette
Replace the pipette tip method: the most accurate.
(1) Adjust the knob to the desired scale position, tips: First, it can be slightly more than some, then turn back to the scale. Be careful not to exceed the maximum scale to avoid human error.
(2) Insert tip: When aseptic operation, pay attention to the action is fast and correct, can not touch the tip by hand, and the intensity of the action should be consistent, prohibiting waste action. For normal operation, use the thumb-index finger to tighten, but the hand can’t touch the tip of the pipette.
(3) Finger pressure to the first stage, pipette tip contact reagent. The white tip enters the liquid surface 1 mm, the yellow tip 2-3 mm, and the blue tip 2-4 mm to avoid errors caused by the influence of hydraulic pressure.
(4) Slowly aspirate the reagent, prohibit the speed too fast, and the liquid enters the tip.
(5) After removing the pipette tip, first gently lean against the inner wall of the container to allow the liquid on the outer wall of the tip to flow down.
(6) Stick the tip on the inner wall of the target container, gently press it to the first section and press out the liquid.
(7) The tip slides slightly on the inner wall of the container, retaining a small amount of liquid at the tip, removing the target container, and removing the tip from the finger, taking care not to spill the reagent.
A tip dispensing method: not suitable for volatile, toxic reagents
(1) Adjust the knob to the desired scale position, insert the tip, press the finger to the first section, and the tip of the tip contacts the reagent. Slow suction, after removing the liquid level, slowly press the first stage and press firmly to the second stage to press the reagent out.
(2) Finger pressure to the first segment, tip contact reagent, slowly sucks out the liquid.
(3) In the target container liquid, press the reagent to the second stage, pay attention to the same force as A, and also pay attention to the reagents do not splash around.
(4) Slowly return to the first segment and repeat the above operation.
Method for transferring a few ul of valuable reagents:
(1) With the above (1)-(4), after removing the liquid surface, lightly press the inner wall of the container a few times to allow the outer wall liquid to flow down. The white pipette tip goes below the liquid level of 1 mm, which is the most important.
(2) The pipette tip is immersed under the liquid level of the target container and slowly pressed to the first stage.
(3) Loosen, return to the first stage, re-inhale the liquid, repeat 4-5 times, and wash the liquid inside the tip.
(4) Move the tip of the pipette out of the liquid surface and gently lean against the inner wall to press out the liquid to the second stage.