About the Maintenance of the Pipette
Placement of pipette
After use, you can hang it vertically on the pipette holder, and make sure it will not fall off. When there is liquid in the pipette tip, do not place the pipette horizontally or upside down to prevent the liquid from flowing back to corrode the piston spring.
Maintenance of pipette
If not used, adjust the range of the pipette to the maximum value to keep the spring in a relaxed state to protect the spring. It is best to clean the pipette regularly, either with soapy water or 60% isopropanol, then with distilled water, and air dry. Before autoclaving, make sure the pipette is suitable for high temperatures.
If used, such as Electronic Control Digital Pipettes, Advanced Fully Autoclave Single-Channel Adjustable Pipettes, Advanced Half Autoclave 8/12 Channels Adjustable Pipettes, Advanced Fully Autoclave Single-Channel Adjustable Pipettes, please note the following:
1. If the liquid accidentally enters the piston chamber, the pollutants should be removed in time.
2. After the use of the pipette, adjust the range of the pipette to the maximum, and place the pipette vertically on the pipette rack.
3. According to the frequency of use, all pipettes should be washed regularly with soapy water or disinfected with 60% isopropanol, then washed with double steaming water and dried.
4. Avoid putting it at a higher temperature to prevent leakage or inaccuracy caused by deformation.
5. Find out the problems and find professional personnel to deal with them in time.
6. Do not place the pipette horizontally or upside down when there is liquid in the suction nozzle of the pipette to prevent the liquid from flowing into the piston chamber to corrode the piston of the pipette.
7. Use the pipette correctly to absorb and drain liquid, so as to achieve high accuracy.
8. Stop 1-3 seconds in the liquid after suction to observe whether the liquid level in the suction head drops. If the liquid level drops, first check whether the suction head has any problems, and if the situation is serious, seek professional maintenance personnel to repair it.
Calibration can be carried out by repeating the weighing of distilled water several times in a 20-25 degree environment.
Check for leaks before use. If there is liquid leakage, the reasons are as follows:
1. Whether the tip matches
2. Whether the spring piston normal
3. If it is a volatile liquid (as is the case with many organic solvents), it may be a problem of saturated vapor pressure. You can suck up the liquid several times before pipetting.